A Women, Athletics & Technology Hackathon
The histories of women in computing and women in sports often parallel each other as we vie for visibility and equity. The challenge is simple: Design and build technology sports solutions or products for female athletes, teams, and fans.
4:00 PM - Student Registration & Team Formation (The Garage)
5:00 PM - Dinner
5:30 PM - Opening Ceremonies & Sponsor Introduction (The Garage)
6:00 PM - Hacking Begins!
6:00 PM - 10:00 PM - Workshops and TechTalks (The Garage)
9:00 PM - Caffeine Jolt (The Garage)
12:00 AM - Midnight Snack (The Garage)
8:00 AM - Breakfast (The Garage)
1:00 PM - Lunch (The Garage)
6:00 PM - Project Submission Due
7:00 - 8:30 PM - Project Expo & Judging (The Garage)
8:30 PM - Top 4 Announced
8:45 - 9:30 PM - Closing Ceremonies & Awards The Garage
All GT female-identifying undergraduate and graduate students are welcome to attend. Individuals (over 18 years in age*); Teams (up to 4 students)
- For judging, please submit details about the project and how you built it. Feel free to include photos, video, and a github link (if you'd like). If your project is not fully functioning, that is okay.
- All submissions must be received by 6:00 PM EST, March 7th in order to be judged.
- After hacking finishes, teams will show their projects to each other and to the judges in our Project Expo in The Garage. Each team will have between 2-3 minutes to demo to judges.
- You are strongly encouraged to present a demo of what you have built. Pitches and PowerPoint presentations are discouraged.
- You are encouraged to present what you have done even if your hack is broken or you weren’t able to finish. It's okay if you didn't finish your hack—that happens all the time! Completion is only one part of the judging criteria, so you might still do well. Also, demoing is not just about the competition, it's a chance to share with others what you learned and what you tried to build—that's what hacking's all about!
- After the Project Expo, you may fix any bugs to your code or small fixes to your program during this time.
- Judges will determine the Top 4 teams and prizes will be awarded at the closing ceremonies.
Thank you to our Sponsoring Judges for volunteering your time
Metrics: Each scored out of 25
Theme (25%) How well the application is built around women, sports, & technology. Technical Difficulty (25%) Complexity of the application Design/Polish (25%) The overall quality of the final product Innovation (25%): The originality of the concept.